Get some fresh ideas for your own yard by touring some of Hampstead's most beautiful gardens. Eight spectacular gardens are included in the Hampstead Garden Walk scheduled on Saturday, July 20th from 9:00 am to 2:00 pm (Downpour date is Sunday, July 21st).
You'll be inspired by the gorgeous flowers, shrubs and water features of these stellar gardens. Tour the gardens at your own pace, in any order you choose, and feel free to take photographs. You'll want to remember each one!
As part of your Garden Walk, you'll see the following:
- A 100 year old home with horses and stately gardens
- A backyard garden with a koi pond
- Lake side plantings
- A rose garden and perennials gracing a lovely historical Victorian home
- A "farmette" with chickens and vegetables plants nestled between bountiful perennial gardens
- A 1/4 acre pond with a waterfall and lush plantings
- An amazing shade garden that will astound you and
- The property we all want to see - a 125 year old renovated Victorian home with the feel of an old estate, enhanced with beautifully designed plantings. Your visit will include a tour of the house's first floor. You won't want to miss this!
Garden club members will be available at each site to answer questions. At two of the gardens, we'll offer light refreshments free of charge.
Tickets are $20.00 each, and can be purchased from HGC members or at the Hampstead Public Library starting on July 1st. A limited number of tickets will be available for sale on the day of the Garden Walk.
Questions? Email us at HGClub@hampsteadgarden.org.